I am a scientist who loves to cook because there are many similarities between working in a lab and cooking in a kitchen. I love to share my cooking experience with you and to inspire others to cook.

Monday, January 25, 2016

Miso Soup



I am a fan of easy-to-make soup and none easier than miso soup. All you need is to source the ingredients and the rest will take care of itself.

You need to buy seaweed/kelp and a tub of miso paste.

Wash the kelp thoroughly to get ride of the fine sand. Remember, dried kelp will expand 5-6 times the size after it is rehydrated. I went overboard and ended up with a big bowl of kelp.  Kelp snack, anyone?

Cook the kelp in a pot of water for 2-3 minutes and remove the kelp. Next, take 2-3 spoonful of miso paste and dissolve it in a few tablespoons of water. Then add the dissolved miso paste into the pot of kelp-stock. Feel free to add as much miso paste to your own taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment