I am a scientist who loves to cook because there are many similarities between working in a lab and cooking in a kitchen. I love to share my cooking experience with you and to inspire others to cook.

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Something savory, something sour and something sweet

Just want to share with all of you what I ate/made recently. Life is full of adventures and you need to know how to enjoy it even when the adventures are less pleasant. Not really sure how my previous statement ties in with food but I guess eating is an adventure too. You just need to find the balance between the savory, the sour and the sweet. All I can say is that sour makes the sweet, sweeter. 



This is a simple "french-style" cauliflower soup. I cooked a pot of chicken stock before adding the cauliflower.  I pureed the cauliflower but I didn't add the cream since the soup is thick enough. I could have added some butter to elevate the flavor.



There are a few mulberry plants outside of my house and I have been collecting the fruits to make jam. Took me more than a month to collect just a cup. This is literally the fruits of my labor. I followed the same steps to make strawberry jam



If you ask me to choose ONE dessert to eat for the rest of my life, I will most likely choose a mille crepe. Layers upon layers of crepe and cream, soft and velvety. Check out my old post on making crepe.





No comments:

Post a Comment