I am a scientist who loves to cook because there are many similarities between working in a lab and cooking in a kitchen. I love to share my cooking experience with you and to inspire others to cook.

Friday, December 16, 2011

Rosemary Garlic Tri-tip steak






This is another steak dish. The 3rd in this blog and it will not be the last as I continue to explore different flavors and marinade recipe.

I bought fresh rosemary from the grocery store instead of the dried rosemary that have been sitting in my pantry for years. This is definitely worth the money.





Also, I wonder what took me so long to buy a garlic press. This thing works wonder. I have seen it used many times. I have spent countless "hours" chopping and mincing garlic. Why didn't I buy this earlier in my "cooking career"?





Main Ingredient

1. Tri-tip steak (or any cut of steak that you like)

Marinade
1. A stalk to fresh rosemary
2. 3 cloves of garlic. Finely chopped
3. A few splashes of Worcestershire sauce
4. A couple splashes of balsamic vinegar (better if you have Italian salad dressing, I learned this from Mr. A. Walker)
5. Fresh Ground Pepper




Cooking Instructions
1. Marinade the steak for at least 1 hour. Remember to rub the steak evenly with the marinade
2. Bring the steak up to room temperature before cooking (about 30 minutes).
3. Melt some butter on the pan
4. Cook the steak, each side for about 4 minutes depending on the thickness
5. Add more butter if you like.
6. Let the steak rest for 4 minutes before serving
7. Don't forget the salt!!


Unfortunately I overcooked this piece of steak because I misjudged the cooking time and the temperature of my pan. However, the overall flavor is amazing especially the rosemary. Now that I have cooked using fresh herbs, I don't think I will ever want to cook using those dried stuff on the shelves :)

What kind of marinade should I try next? Suggestions please.


No comments:

Post a Comment